Educational therapy is a highly personalized one-on-one relationship that helps students with learning challenges or disabilities learn skills and become aware of their own needs and strengths so that they can take wise action and advocate for themselves as learners.
Depending on their needs, students may:
- learn the six basic kinds of syllables
- develop an inner “movie-maker” for reading comprehension
- build foundational math concepts and apply them through fractions and algebra
- demystify writing and editing — with touch-typing and Inspiration software, if appropriate
- manage pace, load, time, space, and materials
- integrate details with the big picture — and vice-versa
- delay gratification
- channel energy and impulses
- enjoy learning for its own sake
- build skill, ego-strength, and self-trust.